.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

Wow! It has been so long! Sorry it took me so long to finally update everyone! Be prepared for a lot of pictures!

The Bahamas. What can I say? It was an amazing trip! We had so much fun and I am so blessed that our families were able to join us. On our trip, we went to Freeport first. That was a lot of fun, it was just a little stressful because our families weren't there and Derrick had to participate in the camp. Taking two children around a place you aren't familiar with is not easy. Not to mention our hotel was not very easy to navigate with a stroller! They had stairs everywhere and NO ramps. It drove me bonkers! On our second night in Freeport, they had a welcome reception which was around a pool. It was so nice and everyone had a blast. Towards the end of the night, DJ was walking to us and someone backed up, DJ tried to avoid them and then he FELL INTO THE POOL!!!! It was so scary, my heart stopped. By the time I was able to hand Harlow to somebody, Derrick had already jumped in the pool (fully clothed) and had DJ out. Derrick was a real superhero!!! I am sure it comes as no surprise that DJ did not want to get in the pool after that, but after a little convincing (and when I say convincing I mean I forced him in and stayed in the middle of the pool with him until he relaxed) he was splashing around again.

After Freeport, we went to Nassau where we joined the rest of our family. They arrived earlier in the day and out flight was delayed, so we just said hi to our moms and headed to bed. While we were there we ate a ton (I think I gained back every pound I lost before vacation, but I am too afraid to weigh myself now!), drank lots of Bahama Mama's and daiquiris, went to the pool, and just relaxed. It was so fun. Derrick and I were able to have a night out and the kids had a sleep over with their grandma's. It was so great seeing everyone and spending quality time without everyone being on the phone or texting. I hope we can do it again next summer.











No comments:

Post a Comment